46 Facebook Amazing Facts You Need to Know & Tell Your Friends
amazing facts of the Facebook
- You can change your language on Facebook to “Pirate.”
- So many Facebook photos and videos are uploaded via mobile that it takes up 27% of upstream web traffic.
- 5% of Brits use Facebook while having sex, according to a survey.
- Facebook’s founder Mark Zuckerberg donated US$1 billion to charity in 2013, making him the biggest charitable donor in the U.S.
- The “Like” button on Facebook was originally going to be called “Awesome”.
- Every minute, 1.8 million new “likes” are made on Facebook.
- In 2005, MySpace was in talks to buy Facebook, but rejected Mark Zuckerberg’s asking price of US$75 million as too expensive.
- In 2009, WhatsApp co-founder Brian Acton was turned down for a job at Facebook. Five years later, Facebook purchased WhatsApp for US$19 billion.
- Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin renounced his U.S. citizenship to avoid paying US$700 million in taxes.
- When Facebook acquired Instagram for about $1 billion, the company had just 13 employees.
- In 2016, a 10-year-old Finnish boy was given $10,000 by Facebook for finding an Instagram bug that allowed him to delete other user’s comments.